We love books at the Davis household, especially mommy and Hannah. Daddy is more mathematical of course, but I have always been a bookworm. The girls are set for life in school because I would be the first to win a spelling bee in school and was always in gifted classes for English. Daddy on the other hand, was/is a math whiz and gifted and talented in all Math classes. If I have to help the girls in math they're in trouble!!! That's one of the many ways their parents complement each other! I really hope that Ella will love books, although I have to admit that I have not read to her as much as I read to Hannah so we will know who's fault it is if she doesn't. So, we have a plethora of kid's books around here. Although I am OCD about germs (with good reason since I really see and take care of these kids who have caught these germs at the hospital) I love to get books at the thrift store and garage sales!!! I just wipe them down really good with Lysol wipes before I let the kids have them. For me, it's a thrill to get a deal anyway, but books at fifty cents to a dollar as opposed to sixteen to twenty five dollars is awesome!!!
Here are some recent finds from a thrift store for Hannah and they are all so brand new. I found two on Ballet. One of them is from the American Ballet Company and it's a guide for the young dancer on life. I love the Big Sister, Little Sister book. There are so many things that Hannah can identify with in there, like little sister pulling big sister's hair. All these books together were about $3.00
I got this one for my recipe collection for under a $1.00
I found this picture Friday at a resale shop for kids and it goes PERFECTLY in Ella's room and was five dollars and some change.
1 comment:
We are kindred spirits. We have over 600 books at our house for the kids and most of them were used. I love a good deal. Headed to JBF this week to get more good deals.
Post a Comment