After I steam them I throw them in the food processor
Then I place them in the food storage/ice cube trays to freeze and get out a serving when I need them
I have always made my own baby food for our kids. Hannah has never had a jar of baby food. I saw something on homemade baby food as a child and vowed that my kids would have fresh baby food and I have just always stuck with that. My conviction is that babies should have the best start in life with breastmilk (if possible)and fresh, no added ingredients or preservative baby food. I think it is my job as their mother, to give them the best that I possibly can. With Hannah, I used to be much more strict and cautious with sugar, and have noticed I have become much more lax with it and I need to do better.
I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes for baby food because to me there is nothing more simple except for a banana or avocado. For Ella's dinner tonight she got a serving of these sweet potatoes and a serving of applesauce and I mixed it together. I couldn't get it to her fast enough and she screamed when the bowl was empty. So far, she is a great eater just like her sister, mommy, and daddy.
Hannah had one of these spinach bars tonight that I make ahead of time and freeze in squares. It's steel cut oatmeal, spinach, and cheese. They are one of her favorites. She also had fresh blueberries.
And guess what these children's parents had for dinner tonight after they went to sleep?????/......ARBYS! Ahhhhh, I know, I know! The horror!
2 comments:
I would love the recipe for the spinach bars. They look yummy. Caroline is beyond the baby food stage and will not eat off of a spoon but I enjoyed making about 80% of her food.
Where did you and Sarah go? I love to find new restaurants.
Great ideas! I've enjoyed making baby food, but I'm not as strict! We travel a lot so sometimes it's not convenient, but it IS so much better.
Post a Comment