Friday, July 24, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE -Wedding Dress

Today is "Show us your wedding dress day" over at Kelly's Korner, http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/. I only have pictures that other people took of us with their camera since all my professional ones were not digital. What a special day to remember and to scrapbook/blog about for my daughters! My dad wrote on our engagement picture "one of the best days of my life." It was definitely one of mine. My dad gave me the wedding I had always dreamed about since I was a little girl. I did a lot of wheeling and dealing for it too with all the wedding vendors. I remember telling my pipe dream reception location coordinators that I couldn't swing their cost and somehow they made it work. Unbelievable! Shortly after my wedding, my dad heard Katie Couric on the Today Show quote a figure for the average cost of a wedding at the time. Mine was well under the quoted figure and he was a proud father!






The one thing we still hear to this day about our wedding is how my wedding cake was the best cake anybody had ever had.

The Groom's cake was good too, but we don't still hear about his cake

Dancing with Dad


This picture was taken after the reception at the afterparty

One thing about my wedding dress that I (and nobody else around me) will never forget is that I would not take it off! I paraded around in it at the afterparty as you can see in this picture. We stayed overnight at this location before going to Maui the next morning, but I did not want to change clothes!!! Most people change at their reception, but I know I was thinking how many times do I get to wear this dress?!? Okay, and at the end of the night I sat in front of a huge mirror in our hotel room looking at myself with my poor husband begging me to TAKE IT OFF!!!

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I also left the reception in my wedding dress. I loved wearing it in the chaufer (sp) driven Rolls Royce to go visit my grandparents in their nursing home and then to the hotel. And like you, poor husband was ready for me to take it off! I laughed. I will have to post my Kelly's Korner link tomorrow if at all. My wedding photos are not digital either.