Tuesday, July 28, 2009

4th of July Neigborhood Party & Parade

Our neighborhood had a picnic and parade for Independence Day. The Women's Club of the neighborhood hosted it and provided hot dogs, hamburgers, Iced Tea, Lemonade, and snow cones for the kids. Neighbors brought a side dish to share. Being the Southern boy that he undoubtedly is, husband baked a pecan pie. There were no leftovers for us to bring home! The Fire Department led the parade and the kids followed the firetruck. Hannah rode her decorated bike all around a huge block/circle and was ready to do it again. Ella Kate was baby bjorned around her daddy. I took pictures! We had a GREAT time and I met three new friends, two with two children like me, and a mommy soon to be. I treasure and am so thankful for our neighborhood and our Country!!!
Checking out the FiretruckOur neighbors opened up their pool for us to swim after the party, but we were sooooo hot we couldn't wait. We had to come home and cool of in our own pool!

No comments: