Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday at the Davises

Today definitely had some memorable moments and firsts. I made some more baby food to add to our freezer. I also made something referred to as super porridge in one of my baby food books. I used to make it for Hannah and made it for Ella today because I forgot to get her oatmeal at the store today. It is just whole grain brown rice for her rice cereal instead of processed box rice cereal at the grocery store. It's super easy.

This is the book from where I got the recipe


You use a 1/4 cup of rice


Pour it into the blender for 2 minutes until it is a fine powder

Then pour the powder into 1 cup of boiling water, turn heat down and stir with a whisk until it is the right consistency

Then I pour it into three containers and refrigerate and use within the next couple of days. It's super healthy and easy.

These are the peas I made her and she LOVED them.

This is the spinach I made her and she gagged and gagged and frowned. This was definitely a first for little miss eat anything. I know it's bitter, but I really didn't think she would care, but boy was I wrong.


This is what kept her occupied so I could make her food today. I toasted it so it was hard. It was a HIT!


Here she is afterwards with soggy bagel all over the place. This picture also slightly shows her two front teeth she has just gotten in.


Daddy's Girl!

Ella has started grabbing our necks and shirts just like this when you try to put her down. It's like she's hanging on for dear life and she will scream if we put her down. A little spoiled behavior, but adorable at the same time and that tight hug feels good!!!


I caught Hannah feeding her baby today. She put her in the Bumbo just like we do Ella sometimes.



I also found this little arrangement by her dollhouse and I thought it was so cute. She had her family all arranged like this around the table. She's learning early where it's all at!
Daddy and I ran for 30 minutes today and Daddy pushed the stroller (love it when he comes with us)! I found all natural (no nitrates or nitrites added) hot dogs at Target so Daddy fired up the grill and we were outside all ready to have a picnic and it started to thunder and lightning. Mr. Safety made us come in because it was lightning, but we didn't mind. We are so glad to get a little something to cool things off a little!

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

OK, I did do my own rice cereal some. What my kids did not like was when the super porridge had the lentils and flax and all that stuff like the book recommends.

Good to know Target has the healthy hot dogs now. I am so picky on meat products and usually make a special trip to Sprouts, Whole Foods or Central Market to get them.