Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Moments

Today was a nice day. Two neighborhood friends came by my house early this morning to go walking with our babies. All of us have two kids and all of us have double strollers so we took up quite a bit of road! After our walk the big kids got out of the strollers and ran around and played. When we were walking back to our house it started thundering and lightning. I asked Hannah if she wanted the rest of her milk and she said, "No, I'm kinda scared mommy." I tried to explain to her how great the rain was and how wonderful it was to have a "cool front" during this triple digit weather we've been having. I told her I would hold her hand the rest of the way home and I did and then she was fine. I told her it would be fun to get wet, but we only felt a couple of raindrops.

After our naps today I got the vacuum out to vacuum Ella's room so Daddy could steam clean it. We got a steam cleaner at Sears last week and Ella's room is the only room that hasn't been done since she goes to bed at 7:00. Hannah has never been a fan of the vacuum noise and she wanted me to hold her. I held her some, but then Ella started fussing, so I put them both in Ella's rocking chair. Here they are (less than thrilled). Notice Hannah's feet are not danglilng down in the vacuum cleaner's reach!
I went ahead and took pictures of Ella's room since I've never posted pictures of her nursery. With the exception of the chaise lounge, almost everything in Ella's room is either a garage sale or consignment store purchase. This is completely opposite from big sister's room. I've gotten wiser in my old age/SAHM status.












No comments: