Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hannah's 3 year well visit

I cannot believe my sweet little Hannah is THREE!!! She's been acting like she's four for a long time, but I still can't believe how fast the last three years have been. These are her stats:


Height: 50%

Weight: 75%

For once she is not at the top of the charts and for the first time she's in the curve. Of course her Dr. explained that the height may not have been measured right since this was the first time she stood to be measured and that now she is on the children's chart and not the infant chart, so it's not that accurate! I wanted to ask for the nurse to get back in and do it again, but I refrained, kept silent, and smiled. I have noticed though that Hannah is not taller than her older friends anymore so it might be accurate.

She was so BRAVE in the office!!! We read all the time about various characters going to the Dr. so she is always verifying with me that she is NOT going to get any shots or pinpricks today when we go to the Dr. This particular time she did not ask me until the Dr. left the room and she wanted to know what we were waiting for. I told her she was going to get two shots. She didn't say anything and then the Dr. came back in to tell me that they didn't have a preservative free shot and Hannah told her "I'm only going to get TWO (holding two fingers up) shots. She had our doctor laughing the whole time, being so agreeable and funny. She never fussed until right when they did it and only cried for a short time. You could tell they really hurt and it probably hurt me more.

At three years old, Hannah still takes a daily nap. She does not use pull-ups at nap or nightime anymore unless we have lots of water before bedtime. As far as potty training, she has the best bladder control in the world. That girl will hold it forever!!!

Hannah is full of personality, charm, and intelligence. I LOVE her so much. She is the sweetest thing!!! She gives her mommy (and everyone else around her) soooooo much JOY it's unbelievable. Her grandparents think she has a photographic memory because she remembers everything from years ago. To quote my cousin LuAnn, "Hannah is as near to a perfect child as you can get!" When we have company they are delighted that Hannah wakes up singing and reading books. I just thank God for her and that I'm her mommy all day long every day.

Some things Hannah has said in the last two weeks or day that absolutely flabbergast me:

"I like cucumber sandwiches" in response to me telling her that we were going to have heart and star shaped sandwiches at her birthday party. Cucumber sandwiches are what we had for her two year old BD tea party and have never had or discussed them since.

"I need to concentrate" and "so give me some privacy" last night as I went into the bathroom to check on her.

"It's okay Mommy, I got ya" when I got teary eyed yesterday when she told me about a dream she had about her getting lost."

"How was your day daddy?"

"I don't scratch on my booboo, just around it"

"Where are you going mama?" as I put on my shoes to go to the gym but had not told her I was going anywhere yet last night.








Posted by Picasa

No comments: