Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SISTERS


Hannah has been the best big sister we could ever hope for and has adjusted better than we ever thought possible. I always worried about having another baby because I didn't want Hannah to have hurt feelings about being left out or not getting enough attention. I am very careful not to let Ella steal her thunder or knock her off her throne because after all, she is my oldest Princess! My Aunt Joanne gave me a card that has a mom in the hospital bed holding her newborn and her toddler standing by the bed looking at the baby saying, "Where's it gonna live"? I absolutely love it and laugh all the time about it. Hannah has made two comments that I never want to forget. It took her about a month and a half, but her first comment was while we were at the table eating and she said, "Let's take baby sister back to her house." Her second one was at bedtime while I was rocking her. She started talking to me about Ella being in Mommy's tummy and she said, "Let's put baby sister BACK in your tummy." Although I certainly don't want to rush Ella getting older and I want to treasure each moment, I look forward to when Ella can interact and play with Hannah. I love both of these girls with ALL my heart! Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

It is so sweet. For us the major breakthrough came when Caroline could sit in the Bumbo seat and then sit on her own because she was more interesting to Katherine. Now their relationship and interactions are so fun.