Wouldn't you know that a Professional Engineer would want to make a timeline for a birth story? So, here is James' timeline of Ella's Birthday:
This has been a very exciting week. We had a scheduled c-section for Tuesday.
Monday, Dec. 8, 2008
3:30am - Kathryn was awakened w/ mild "cramping" at 3:30am
5:10am - Kathryn woke me up saying she was in pain and going to the hospital.
5:15am - Kathryn pulling out of the driveway w/ me in my PJ's yelling that's I"m getting Hannah and myself ready and to call me from the road.
5:47am - After running 2 red lights and getting waved out of the employee parking lot by Security, Kathyrn calls and says the Triage Nurse just told her that she's dilated 7 cms.
5:53am - Kathryn calls and says "Get here right now, my water just broke".
5:55am - I call our friends down the street and ask Pam if I can drop off Hannah.
6:45ish - I arrive in the operating room after waiting for 30 minutes to be called back...
6:55am - "Little" Ella Kate is born weighing 9lb 13 oz and 21-1/4 inches long.
7:15am - World's best doctors and I are posing for our snap shot.
Kathryn's hard-headedness saved the day. If we had called EMS, Kathryn would have been pushing on the way to the hospital. During the c-section, we discovered that the cord was wrapped around her neck. We would of had a real emergancy once they arrived at the hospital.
This has been a very exciting week. We had a scheduled c-section for Tuesday.
Monday, Dec. 8, 2008
3:30am - Kathryn was awakened w/ mild "cramping" at 3:30am
5:10am - Kathryn woke me up saying she was in pain and going to the hospital.
5:15am - Kathryn pulling out of the driveway w/ me in my PJ's yelling that's I"m getting Hannah and myself ready and to call me from the road.
5:47am - After running 2 red lights and getting waved out of the employee parking lot by Security, Kathyrn calls and says the Triage Nurse just told her that she's dilated 7 cms.
5:53am - Kathryn calls and says "Get here right now, my water just broke".
5:55am - I call our friends down the street and ask Pam if I can drop off Hannah.
6:45ish - I arrive in the operating room after waiting for 30 minutes to be called back...
6:55am - "Little" Ella Kate is born weighing 9lb 13 oz and 21-1/4 inches long.
7:15am - World's best doctors and I are posing for our snap shot.
Kathryn's hard-headedness saved the day. If we had called EMS, Kathryn would have been pushing on the way to the hospital. During the c-section, we discovered that the cord was wrapped around her neck. We would of had a real emergancy once they arrived at the hospital.
1 comment:
Way to go kathryn! Pretty funny.... don't hear too much about people driving themselves to the hospital :)
Post a Comment