Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hannah's (Mommy's) first Valentine's Day Exchange

This V-Day was my first "mom"experience with school type activities. (Poor Hannah! NOT GOOD!) Hannah's class at school had a Valentines Day party and exchanged Valentines. Well, being the prepared and crafty mommy that I am (not so much), I wasn't sure what to do. Did I mention that her school is "The" School? I was pretty sure that these moms were not going to just buy regular V-Day cards, so I asked my dear friend Pam whose daughter goes there. She proceeded to describe to me the wooden heart door hangers that they were going to paint! Well, I'm the mom of a newborn so goes the excuse for this year. I then panicked and called my mom and she suggested I get regular cards and attach a Dove candy to it with tape. I ended up getting really cute princess cards at my favorite Park Cities stationery store and attaching a Dove candy. I had Hannah attach heart embellishments left over from Ella's birth announcement.
After I was fairly satisfied and calmed down and these were done, Daddy inquired about the boys in her class and these princess cards. After all, her class only has one other girl besides Hannah and the other nine are boys! Way to go Mommy! I vow to do much better next year.

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Katherine gave store bought Disney Princess cards with matching pencil to 7 boys and 1 other girl but that is OK because she received a bunch of superhero cards from the boys.

Adeline said...

I am just now reading all of your posts and this one made me laugh! So funny and totally something I would have done too!