Monday, April 26, 2010

15 Months

Ella had her 15 month check-up today. We've been to see our pediatrician two Mondays in a row now and a total of 3 times in the last 3 weeks, with one call to the after hours Doc on call for a steroid for her first experience of croup! She's all good now though. She was supposed to get hr MMR vaccine today, but I still haven't given that one to Hannah, so we'll wait a while on that one. She received her 3rd Hep B vaccine today - you know, the Hepatitis that is sexually transmitted that they give (or in our case, try to give) your newborn in the hospital! Oh well, I agree we need to keep these diseases eradicated so we are only on a slightly delayed schedule, or if my babes are not quite up to par on the day of the visit, we don't get any, per me.

The first thing Dr. B said when she walked into the room this morning, was "My Ella, you've done a lot of growing in 3 months and Mom, don't expect to see a lot on her next visit because this is big. So, here are Ella Kate's stats:


Height: 88%
Weight: 93%
Hannah's stats for her 15 month well visit:
Height: 95%
Weight:85%
And here is Hannah Paige this morning at Ella's appointment. I definitely wanted to post these pictures of my children unrestrained actually playing in the doctor's office. This alone has to go down in my girls' "Book of Firsts". This is something that their germ obsessive, germ juice (hand sanitizer) ever lovin' mommy does NOT allow. I really don't know what got into me today! I knew it called for some pictures for proof; however, I will write that they had PLENTY of germ juice slathered on their itty bitty hands before and after.

Dr. B was just as impressed with Ella Bella as we all are. After hearing Ella say all kinds of words, she commented that a lot of times the second child is not as verbal due to the first one's chatter. I informed her that my Ella WILL BE heard. Oh yes, my little mama's girl will. She talks, she understands, and she puts her nebulizer together. That's my Ella. We can thank her daddy for that. Another thing Ella does is tell me when she needs to "poo poo" and potty. I have followed her lead and sat her down many times on the potty and many times the child does exactly what she has said she needs to do. I really think Montessori is on to something. Whatever her 3 year old smart, sassy, and sweet sister does, she does. These girls give me so much joy every day and every minute. We never have a dull moment around here.
I love the "very smart" comment Dr. B added on Ella's report card. She'll love it too someday.

No comments: