Friday, February 12, 2010

One Year with Ella Kate

Ella Kate is still at the top of the charts. 85% for weight and 85% for height. Hannah's stats at one year were almost exactly the same! 75% for weight and 85% for height! Very proportionate little chunks! I gave both the girls their Varivax (chicken pox) shot. Hannah is 3 and just now getting it and I went ahead and gave it to Ella. I told the Dr. to hold off on the MMR for both girls. I've exhausted the literature on both sides of the vaccine debate and until someone can give a definitive answer to my doubts, we will follow a Mama made delayed schedule (Varivax and MMR only). Bad for a Registered Nurse I know, but like I said, I've researched both sides.

Ella is a delight and only similar to her sister in the fact that they're both smart as a whip and both have blonde hair and blue eyes. Developmentally, they have hit all their milestones at the exact same age and started walking at the exact same time at 13 months. Their temperaments are complete opposites and as my mom would say, I think I know what it is like to have a "real baby" now. Hannah was and is very angelic and a dream baby and child. Ella Kate is a bit more feisty like her mama. Enough said. Ha! I love it though and find great delight in the fact that Jesus created them for Him and gave them each the temperament and personality they needed to be used by HIM.


No comments: